Hey everyoneWelcome to the ShinSekaiStudio Forum where you can share your AMVs, Audition for the studio and have a great time

Audition for 3S

Dialect

Audition for 3S

Post by Dialect on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:26 am

Youtube Name: Dialect
    Program You Use: Sony Vegas Pro 13
    Experience: Been editing for over 1 year frequently.
    Studios You're Already In: Remetior Studios
    Animes You Use to Edit:
    - One Piece
    - Bleach
    - Naruto Shippuden
    - Hunter X Hunter
    - Fma Brotherhood
    - Fairy Tail
    - Attack on Titan
    - Sword Art Online
    - And more...
    Audition Video:
    - Full AMV: youtube.com/watch?v=FvenvlxkuAw&list=UUpbItuKNOyoxqO-U9WjaX-w
    - MEP Part Example: youtube.com/watch?v=_RBQEE6gIz4&list=UUpbItuKNOyoxqO-U9WjaX-w
    How Will You Help The Studio Improve Once You're In:
    Well I'm constantly improving and I love editing, and don't see that stopping - so I guess I'll help improve the studio by getting better myself as I get more experience. I'm also always on time with my parts unless there are some serious personal problems.
    GiaQuando
    Admin

Re: Audition for 3S

Post by GiaQuando on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:53 am

I like your editing and you're a cool person so you get a YES from me
    Good luck with the other members

Last edited by GiaQuando on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hoshirogi

Post by Hoshirogi on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:08 am

i am sorry but ill have to say no you are sitll though not even in basics .BUT WITH WORKING HARD AND IMPROVING ALOT YOU CAN DEFENETELY GET IN SO DONT GET DISHEARTENED BY ME [.i am just strict Very Happy] you can always try again and again
    xXNewWorld25Xx

Post by xXNewWorld25Xx on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 am

I like your Editing, the Full AMV is pretty cool, it could have maybe more impact, but it's clean and very well made, the MEP Part required more usage of the song, still i think you have enough qualitty to keep rising as an editor so it's a YES from me !

Good luck.
    SenninVFX

Post by SenninVFX on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:58 am

I like your videos. reminds me a lot Loosecontroi! I don't know if i can vote, but if i can, is YES because i like your editing and you can improve a lot!
    OneBrunou

Post by OneBrunou on Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:58 am

Hmm, difficult. At first I'll apologize for being roughly honost, but your full AMV was boring as hell. No real flow, no impact. All I saw was a bad copy of Loosecontroi's style - Who is overhyped for nothing in my opinion as well.
    The mep part was way better. In all things. Try to stay with that style and also try to work on your shakes. After all I see some potential here so, yeah ... A yes from me.
    JerichoAMV

Post by JerichoAMV on Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:58 pm

I have to agree with OneBrunou on this one.. Lacks both flow and impact. All I see is epic moments from various anime without any decent flow.. so it's a NO for me but dont be discouraged by my opinion ^.^ Good luck with the rest Wink
    Dialect

Post by Dialect on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Guys I'm already in so I guess you don't need to comment anymore XD and in my view I feel like I've nailed scene selection for me personally, and I know I need to work hard on my editing so don't worry I'm getting better everyday!
    JerichoAMV

Post by JerichoAMV on Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Lol at least Gia could inform us by posting something here but anyway.. Welcome to Shin Sekai Studio!
    xXNewWorld25Xx

Post by xXNewWorld25Xx on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:43 am

Sorry, i wrote something yesterday but maybe i forgot to send it or the Forum didn't allowed, don't know, i already spoke with Gia and he will close the Topic Smile

Btw welcome on 3S Dialect Smile
    Dialect

Post by Dialect on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 am

Thanks, pleasure to be part of the team Wink
    Pieetrr

Post by Pieetrr on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 am

First of all congrats in successfully passing your audition.

Dialect wrote:in my view I feel like I've nailed scene selection for me personally

I dont know a lot about these types of amvs.However i find that the scenes you used,if not at all,reflect poorly the message of the quotes you are using at almost any given time through out your amv.

If that is not needed in this type of amv then having perfect scene selection is nothing worth boasting.
    Dialect

Post by Dialect on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you, and I'm positive lots of other people would. For the scenes that may not seem to match the quote very well, the tone does match the quotes alongside the music. I worked very hard on that series - I know the editing is nothing exceptional, and there is a lot of room for criticism, but you are just being rude for no apparent reason and I don't like that.
    JerichoAMV

Post by JerichoAMV on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:31 pm

Dialect wrote:Well, I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you, and I'm positive lots of other people would. For the scenes that may not seem to match the quote very well, the tone does match the quotes alongside the music. I worked very hard on that series - I know the editing is nothing exceptional, and there is a lot of room for criticism, but you are just being rude for no apparent reason and I don't like that.

Okay.. I thought this wasnt going to happen again but it did, first with Hoshirogi and now with Pieetr, first of all the reason I said ΝΟ is because your full amv you posted for auditioning wasnt good.. Just fades and hardcuts, it also lacked of flow.. All I see is random moments and quotes from various anime. Second of all both Hoshirogi who taught me many things and Pieetr are much more experienced editors than you and me so they know something more. Finally, you should stop rejecting every bad criticism you get. They weren't rude, they just said their opinions, so accept it. Hope you will get an idea about what rudeness and feedback about your mistakes really are. That's all I have to say. Smile
    Dialect

Post by Dialect on Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:23 pm

Hey everyone in the studio, I wan't to apologize for my behavior - I hate the fact that I've made such a shitty entrance into 3S and I was hoping everything would be smoother. Hoshirogi especially, I was out of line with you and I took it too far when you were trying to be helpful so I do apologize. I've got no problem at all with my work being criticized so rest assured everyone that's not a big deal for me, and I acknowledge that I really need to improve my editing skills which I will do.
    However, I'm sure each of you can understand where I'm coming from when I get upset with some things... Since I've started editing, I've always put a lot of effort into my videos so when they get called bad so effortlessly I think it's natural that I'll get upset! And especially when the one thing I think I'm good at gets insulted - so try to understand where I'm coming from everyone because I'm not crazy Smile
    Anyway, I'm still glad to be a part of 3S and despite this I hope we'll all get along, so let's make some awesome MEP's together!
    JerichoAMV

Post by JerichoAMV on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:12 am

Dialect wrote:Hey everyone in the studio, I wan't to apologize for my behavior - I hate the fact that I've made such a shitty entrance into 3S and I was hoping everything would be smoother. Hoshirogi especially, I was out of line with you and I took it too far when you were trying to be helpful so I do apologize. I've got no problem at all with my work being criticized so rest assured everyone that's not a big deal for me, and I acknowledge that I really need to improve my editing skills which I will do.
    However, I'm sure each of you can understand where I'm coming from when I get upset with some things... Since I've started editing, I've always put a lot of effort into my videos so when they get called bad so effortlessly I think it's natural that I'll get upset! And especially when the one thing I think I'm good at gets insulted - so try to understand where I'm coming from everyone because I'm not crazy Smile
    Anyway, I'm still glad to be a part of 3S and despite this I hope we'll all get along, so let's make some awesome MEP's together!

It's not bad criticizing someone's work.. Both of them just pointed your mistakes so you can correct them.. Other editors did the same to me when I started editing and they were much more strict. Anyway it's all in the part now so please try to understand, they are trying to give you some tips nothing more nothing less Wink
    Pieetrr

Post by Pieetrr on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:58 am

I didn't say its bad or meant that this sucked and beyond all hope.I just said that I THINK that your scene selection is far from "nailed".Also humility is an important part in improving and for the feedback mechanic to function properly.

Kryptonite, I'm certainly less than a novice in this line of amvs,so please don't place too much weight on my comments.
    JerichoAMV

Post by JerichoAMV on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 am

Yup I understand now Smile
    xYuki

Post by xYuki on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:40 am

you get a YES form me ;D like your editing style really awesome amv's you have ;3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:38 pm